1. Gardens by the Bay
Location: 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953
Located at the heart of Singapore, Gardens by the Bay is a one-billion dollar futuristic park project with more than one million flora species. The project is part of Singapore’s vision to become “a City in a Garden” — city with plentiful lush greenery surroundings. It is one of the best nature getaways in Singapore where you can explore diverse types of flowers and plants from all over the world.
There are also a lot of cool attractions in the Gardens by the Bay that is worth a visit.
- Flower Dome — The largest-sized glass greenhouse in the world with a capacity for up to 1,000 people. The weather inside the Flower Dome is a imitation model of the cool-dry Mediterranean climate. You can surround yourself with many beautiful flowers and trees.
- Cloud Forest — Features a breath-taking mountain views filled with hidden gems and beautiful flora. It named one of the world’s tallest human-made indoor waterfall in the world. While Flower Dome recreates a cool-dry climate, on the other hand, Cloud Forest is a conservatory with a cool-moist climate.
- Supertree Grove — At one glance it might looks like a giant cyborg trees ranging between 25 to 50 metres. But they are actually the environmental engines that generate solar power and collect rainwater to support and help cool down the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest conservatories. Every night you can come to Supertree Grove to enjoy a spectacular light show.
- OCBC Skyway — It’s a 128 meters long aerial walkway that connects two of the Supertree towers suspended at 22 meters above the ground. The views from up there will be stunning and worth it, especially for someone with Acrophobia.
- Other highlights and attractions — Floral Fantasy, Far East Organization Children’s Garden, Bay East Garden, and many art sculptures all over the garden.
2. Resorts World Sentosa
Location: 8 Sentosa Gateway, Singapore 098269
Resorts World Sentosa is most known for its luxurious hotels, exotic beaches and exciting attractions. It is located on a tiny island off the southern coast of Singapore called Sentosa island – man-made isle accessible by a small bridge from the main island of Singapore.
These are some highlights you don’t want to miss while you are there:
- USS (Universal Studios Singapore) — Undoubtedly, named one of Singapore’s best tourist spots is USS – Southeast Asia’s only Universal Studios theme-park with full of rides, shows, parade and many more.
- Casino — Features 500 table games and more than 2000 slot machines for your pleasure. If you are an overseas visitor, you don’t need to pay entry levy to enter the casino. However, you must be at least 21 years old and don’t forget to bring your passport and visa with you. The casino is open 24 hours.
- S.E.A. Aquarium — Discover a magical marine world with over than 100,000 marine animals and about 1,000 species, including endangered species such as Ornate eagle ray, Scalloped hammerhead and Silvertip shark.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark — Have a fun day of adventure with thrilling yet exciting slides and rides. The waterpark allows you to have a close encounter with thousands of tropical fish and colorful reef.
- Other highlights and attractions — Dolphin Island, HeadRock VR, Kids Club, Royal Albatross, Trick Eye Museum, Lake of Dreams
3. Jewel Changi Airport
Location: 78 Airport Boulevard, Singapore 819666
Latest extension of the world’s best airport, Changi Airport – as named by Skytrax consecutively for six years. Jewel features the Rain Vortex in the center of the complex, which also known as the world’s tallest and largest indoor waterfall at 130 feet in height. Easily accessible within walking range from the Arrival Halls at Terminal 1 to Terminal 3, Jewel offers more than 280 shops and F&B (Food and Beverage ) outlets and become a favorite stopover among tourists. If you are a visitor who were transiting in Singapore, you will need to pass through immigration clearance and leave the transit area before you can visit Jewel, as it is located in the open public area of the airport.
Some of the highlights and attractions:
- Shiseido Forest Valley
- HSBC Rain Vortex
- Canopy Park
- Canopy Bridge
- Manulife Sky Nets (Walking and Bouncing)
- Hedge Maze
- Mirror Maze
- Discovery Slides
- Topiary Walk
- Foggy Bowls
- Changi Experience Studio
- Crystal Cloud
- Grains of Thought
- Petal Garden
4. Wildlife Reserves Singapore
Location: 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826 / 2 Jurong Hill, Singapore 628925 (Jurong Bird Park)
WRS (Wildlife Reserves Singapore) is the owner and operator of Singapore’s parks – Singapore Zoo, Night Safari, River Safari, Jurong Bird Park. These parks exhibit the wildlife in their natural surroundings for the purpose of preservation, recreation and education. Each of these parks have a distinctive character and each gives you an exclusive and memorable wildlife experience.
- Singapore Zoo — Home to more than 3000 animals of over 300 species, Singapore Zoo is billed as world’s best rainforest zoo.
- Night Safari — World’s first nocturnal zoo, with many of endangered nocturnal animals such as Leopards, Malayan tapir, Asian elephant, and many more.
- River Safari — The only river-themed zoo in Asia, explore the river trails and have a close encounters with creatures from the great waters across the world.
- Jurong Bird Park — Asia’s biggest bird paradise with more than 5,000 birds over almost 500 species. Have an interactive feeding sessions and make friends with the feathered residents.
5. Orchard Road
Location: Orchard Road, Singapore
Orchard Road area is heaven for all the shoppers out there. The road stretches for over 2 kilometers long and located in the central area of Singapore. There are currently 3 MRT stops lining it, namely Orchard (NS 22), Somerset (NS 23), and Dhoby Ghaut (NS 24/NE 6/CC 1). Along the road, you will be able to find many malls and shopping centers.
Find the complete list below:
- Delfi Orchard
- Claymore Connect
- Forum The Shopping Mall
- Hilton Shopping Galery
- Palais Renaissance
- Far East Shopping Centre
- Wheelock Place
- Shaw House and Shaw Centre (Scotts Rd)
- Pacific Plaza (Scotts Rd)
- T Galleria by DFS (Scotts Rd)
- Far East Plaza (Scotts Rd)
- Scotts Square (Scotts Rd)
- Tang Plaza
- ION Orchard
- Wisma Atria
- Lucky Plaza
- Takashimaya Shopping Centre
- Ngee Ann City
- Mandarin Gallery
- Robinsons The Heeren
- Orchard Shopping Centre
- Midpoint Orchard
- Orchard Gateway
- Orchard Central
- The Centrepoint
- OG Orchard Point
- Orchard Plaza
- Concorde Shopping Mall
- Plaza Singapura
- The Atrium @ Orchard
Orchard Road has becoming the one-stop shopping spot for practically any budget from normal to luxury. It is a must-go place especially during GSS (Great Singapore Sale) events which happens annually in Singapore between May to July.